Friday, April 17, 2009

hey, dad.

I have been working through the One Year Bible again but this year I decided to use The Message. I know that some people take issue with it but I have enjoyed it. Anyway, today I have been meditating on Psalm 86.
It would seem that David keeps asking God to listen to him. That makes me giggle a little. I know that there are times in my life when I feel like my prayers don't get past the ceiling but this psalm has a different feel to me. Kind of like that kid who says....'hey, dad. hey, dad. hey, dad. look at this. hey, dad. hey, dad. look. look. hey dad.' So David, here, is listing all the reasons God is able to act upon his request. Sounds like a teenager trying to get to do something.  I love how the Bible is so relevant even though it was written so long ago....but that is another story for another day.
The verse that really jumped out at me was:
11-17 Train me, God, to walk straight; 
      then I'll follow your true path.
   Put me together, one heart and mind;
      then, undivided, I'll worship in joyful fear.
   From the bottom of my heart I thank you, dear Lord;
      I've never kept secret what you're up to.
   You've always been great toward me—what love! 


This is my prayer, I do want to be undivided. I invite this process but I have a feeling that this training isn't going to be all sunshine and gumdrops. Will you join me? What do you think? What is undivided mean to you? 
     I also, want to make known what God has done for me. I never want to keep secret what God has done.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love reading your thoughts and insights - I can't tell you how much this post blessed me today. Please keep writing - if you stop the blog you can just write me letters! Love you!