Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rearranging

I've had a couple of out dated entries and old blogs that no longer serve the purpose they were created for...so today I've taken some time to get things reorganized. I've deleted some posts and added some posts from other places. So there will likely be a few posted added today.

Also, BIG NEWS for today! I've joined the 7 (by Jen Hatmaker) read-along. Check it out over here. Thanks Marla! AND....welcome fellow 7ers. I'll be posting about that sometime today. Lots of thoughts still swirling around.

Hopefully, you find here a chronicle of my journey. As this grows we will see what happens but I'm looking to develop a few different areas to discuss with the world. I've been "radio silent" for a bit as God has worked through some junk in me. What I would like to talk about here are slices of my God story (and please share yours!).

Thanks for coming back. Please feel free to comment.

He works on us in all sorts of ways. But above all, he works on us through each other. Men are mirrors, or “carriers” of Christ to other men. Ususally it is those who know Him that bring Him to others. That is why the church, the whole body of Christians showing Him to one another, is so important. It is so easy to think that the church has a lot of different objects – education, buildings, missions, holding services…the Church exists for no other purpose but to draw men to Christ. to make them little Christs. If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time. God became man for no other purpose. It is even doubtful, you know, whether the whole universe was created for any other purpose.

- C.S. Lewis

No comments: