Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Abundant Living....



I have been thinking a lot during this "frugal" living era about living abundantly....or is it abundant living?
So often I consider how God is so big and extravagant. His grace and mercy are overwhelmingly more than I deserve but he extends more and more to me. I was meditating on Ephesians 3:20 recently: "God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
Sometimes I catch myself not living like I believe that this is true. I KNOW God can do anything and he HAS done more than I could have imagined, but there are times when I don't consider what his doing deeply and gently within me. I just boldly step forward without waiting for him to do "anything" rather wanting him to let ME do my thing.

Also, at this weekend retreat one speaker shared about God being the God of enough. While he can do anything, he does provide enough.... The speaker retold the story found in 1 Kings 17 and how God provided enough flour and oil to the woman. She talked about how that woman must have retold the story of the miracle flour and oil every time she saw bread :).

All of this has me thinking of my response to God. Perhaps being "God-ready" means living out to the world the amazing truth of God's enough-ness in my life and truly allowing God to DO anything and getting out my way out of his way.


No comments: