Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seeking the Savior

I have been so blessed to spend some sweet time with the Lord lately. I have been pondering the Christmas season in the light of what God has been teaching me. The message that God keeps teaching my heart is to not only spend time with him, but to dwell in Him. Isn't that the Christmas story? Jesus was so much more than an example to us but if we look to Him we see a pattern for us to live our lives by. God sent His son to dwell here on earth so that we could dwell with him in heaven. I don't want to stop at seeking a baby in a manger. Jesus didn't stay a baby.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Okay, I'm just a wee bit jealous that you're getting that time. I am seeing Christ in so many different ways and I forget to glory in them, especially by the end of the day... but I don't remember the last time that I just sat alone and listened for Him... thank you for the reminder of not staying at the manger... growing up, whether in your Christian faith-walk or as a person brings so many changes, aches, pains, and JOYS!!